New entry Dec 07
Critters is 23!
Yes, 23 years ago Critters was born. Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Critters no longer accepting European Union members :(It's with a heavy heart that I have to announce Critters can no longer accept people in the European Union as members. This is a result of the "GDPR" privacy laws going into effect. I'm a big fan of privacy, and applaud the general idea behind the GDPR, but the way it's implemented forces me to close the door to EU writers. [read more why...]
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
Space Travel for SF Writers
Hot off the presses from ReAnimus Press! Space Travel - A Science Fiction Writer's Guide— An indispensible tool for all SF writers that explains the science you need to help you make your fiction plausible. (Also via Amazon)
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
P&E Has a New Caretaker!
I'm very happy to announce that P&E has been handed off to a new caretaker! Check out the site for news and such. Hurrah!
I'm being interviewed live on public radio for Critters 20th birthday. For those who want to listen, it's on the 10am (Mountain time) show on Thursday, 11/19/16, on Colorado Public Radio - www.cpr.org has streaming on the site or it's 90.1 FM in the Denver area. [Interview is done, you can listen on the site]
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
Network speeding up
I'm switching the connection over to a new, shiny 10X faster network because of all the load. There might be bits of downtime as your boxes learn new addresses and things. Should be brief. Let me know of any prolonged outages you see.
Preditors & Editors Changeover
With the very sad passing of Dave Kuzminski, who ran P&E, I've taken over the P&E duties. Lots of what I hope are improvements; check it out at pred-ed.com.
is Dying has been Replaced
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you need help making ebooks from manuscripts or print copies—or finding great stuff to read—look no further! An ebook publisher started by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Critters Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | Magical Realism | Positive Future | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page | Nonfiction books page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for Romance Novels
1. The Time King (The Kings Book 13), Heather Killough-Walden, HKL Publishing, [link][comments]
2. Cairo Connection, Carol Henry, Wild Rose Press, [link][comments]
3. Irish Shadows, Paula Martin, Tirgearr Publishing, [link][comments]
4. Love You So Special (The Love You So Stories Book 3), Tara Lain, Dreamspinner Press, [link][comments]
4. Blood Instincts, Marie Lavender, Solstice Publishing, [link][comments]
5. Arresting Mason, Amber Daulton, The Wild Rose Press, [link]
6. Christmas and Cannolis, Peggy Jaeger, Wild Rose Press, [link][comments]
7. Every Little Thing, Anna Maloney, 18thWall Productions, [link][comments]
8. Dear Heart, Linda LIngle, Solstice Publishing, [link][comments]
9. Storm Crossed, Dani Harper, Montlake, [link][comments]
10. Gumshoe Girl, Andrea Ramos, Tirgearr Publishing, [link]
11. Twilight Desires, Amanda Ashley, Zebra, [link]
11. Misfortune of Song, Christy Nicholas, Tirgearr Publishing, [link]
12. A Second Tomorrow, Palvi Sharma, Solstice Publishing, [link]
13. Trial of a Warrior, Mary Morgan, The Wild Rose Press [comments]
14. Sisters of Prophecy, Jude Pittman and Gail Roughton, BWL Publishing Inc., [link]
14. One Night in Inverness, Charlotte Howard, Tirgeardd Publishing, [link]
14. The Wide Open, Jeffery Martin Botzenhart, Solstice Publishing, [link]
14. Can't Stand the Heat, Peggy Jaeger, Kensingon/Lyrical Shine, [link]
15. Montreal Mischief, Laure L'Amour, Liquid Silver Publishing, [link]
15. A Whole New Life, Sheri Velarde, Hot Tree Publishing, [link]
15. My Beloved Demon, Perci T. Brooks, Amazon
15. Resonance, Carol Smith, Self-Published, [link]
15. Tempting Jane (The Rochester Sisterhood Book 1), Monica Burns, Maroli SP Imprints , [link][comments]
16. Holly Cottage - Where the Magic Begins, Stephanie Payne Hurt, Horseshoe Publishing, [link]
16. Captivating Melody, Katherine McIntyre, Evernight Publishing, [link]
16. When Comes Forever, Loretta C. Rogers, The Wild Rose Press, [link]
16. A Summer of Secrets, Lorna Peel, Self-Published, [link]
16. Love Begins at 40, Ann Burnett, Tirgearr, [link]
Looking for something to do?
And please check out our sponsors!—