New entry Dec 13
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
Network speeding up
I'm switching the connection over to a new, shiny 10X faster network because of all the load. There might be bits of downtime as your boxes learn new addresses and things. Should be brief. Let me know of any prolonged outages you see.
Preditors & Editors Changeover
With the very sad passing of Dave Kuzminski, who ran P&E, I've taken over the P&E duties. Lots of what I hope are improvements; check it out at pred-ed.com.
is Dying has been Replaced
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you need help making ebooks from manuscripts or print copies—or finding great stuff to read—look no further! An ebook publisher started by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Print/Electronic Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for Horror Novels
1. Losing Touch, Christian A. Larsen, Post Mortem Press, [link][comments]
2. Haunting of Ingersull Penitentiary, Victoria Roder, Muse It Up Publishing, [link][comments]
3. The Black Land, MJ Wesolowski, Blood Bound Books, [link][comments]
4. Silent Fathoms, Tamara A. Lowery, Gypsy Shadow Publishing, [link][comments]
5. Demons, Dolls, & Milkshakes, Nelson W. Pyles, Post Mortem Press, [link][comments]
6. Shadow Lord, Tony-Paul de Vissage, Double Dragon Publishing, [link][comments]
7. Dying Days 3, Armand Rosamilia, Rymfire Books, [link][comments]
8. What Happens in the Darkness, Monica J. O'Rourke, Sinister Grin Press, [link][comments]
8. Vampire Therapy:Jackson and Eva, Shebat Legion, CHBB, [link]
9. Man in the Wall, Ben Larken, Gypsy Shadow Publishing, [link]
10. Dracula: In the Flesh, Tracey H. Kitts writing as T.K. Hardin, Amazon, [link]
10. The Melting Dead, Doug Lamoreux, Stylus-of-Iron, [link][comments]
11. Steel Rose, Barbara Custer, Eternal Press [comments]
11. Doctor Sleep, Stephen King, Simon & Schuster, [link][comments]
12. Waking Up Dead, Margo Bond Collins, Solstice Shadows, [link][comments]
12. Wolf Man, John Reinhard Dizon, Damnation Books, [link][comments]
12. House of Small Shadows, Adam Nevill, Pan Macmillan, [link][comments]
12. Habeas Corpse, Nikki Hopeman, Blood Bound Books, [link][comments]
12. The Wilde Passions of Dorian Gray, Mitzi Szereto, Cleis Press, [link]
13. Family Dinner, AMrx Scioneaux, Hazardous Press, [link]
13. Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror, Regina Puckett, Punk & Sissy Publications, [link]
13. Dark Recollections, Chris Philbrook, Independent, [link]
13. Ghoultown, October Weeks, Musa Publishing, [link]
13. Enter Night, Richard Schiver, Abiss Books, [link]
13. The Absence of Light, J. Daniel Stone, Villipede Publications, [link][comments]
14. Nettie and the Shepherd, Brick Marlin, Whiskey Creek Press, [link], [link][comments]
14. Fatal Submission, Nicole Austin, Ellora's Cave, [link]
14. Call of the Jersey Devil, Aurelio Voltaire, Spence City, [link][comments]
14. 13, Julie Elizabeth Powell, Julie Elizabeth Powell, [link]
14. Tearstone, David L. Day, Belfire Press, [link]
Looking for something to do?
▶ Read great ebooks or convert your work to ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press - Breathing life into great books - Publishing books by bestselling and awardwinning authors - ebook and print production services
And please check out our sponsors!—
Your Votemaster (Dr. Andrew Burt)P&E poll volunteer votemaster, founder of the world's first Internet service provider, a guy who writes stuff you might enjoy,