New entry Dec 07
Critters is 23!
Yes, 23 years ago Critters was born. Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Critters no longer accepting European Union members :(It's with a heavy heart that I have to announce Critters can no longer accept people in the European Union as members. This is a result of the "GDPR" privacy laws going into effect. I'm a big fan of privacy, and applaud the general idea behind the GDPR, but the way it's implemented forces me to close the door to EU writers. [read more why...]
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
Stayin' AliveIf you want to make a career of SF writing, STAYING ALIVE - A WRITER'S GUIDE by three-time SFWA President Norman Spinrad, published by your Critter Captain's ReAnimus Press, is an indispensable guide to the inside workings of the SF publishing industry by an expert.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
P&E Has a New Caretaker!
I'm very happy to announce that P&E has been handed off to a new caretaker! Check out the site for news and such. Hurrah!
I'm being interviewed live on public radio for Critters 20th birthday. For those who want to listen, it's on the 10am (Mountain time) show on Thursday, 11/19/16, on Colorado Public Radio - www.cpr.org has streaming on the site or it's 90.1 FM in the Denver area. [Interview is done, you can listen on the site]
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
Network speeding up
I'm switching the connection over to a new, shiny 10X faster network because of all the load. There might be bits of downtime as your boxes learn new addresses and things. Should be brief. Let me know of any prolonged outages you see.
Preditors & Editors Changeover
With the very sad passing of Dave Kuzminski, who ran P&E, I've taken over the P&E duties. Lots of what I hope are improvements; check it out at pred-ed.com.
is Dying has been Replaced
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you need help making ebooks from manuscripts or print copies—or finding great stuff to read—look no further! An ebook publisher started by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Critters Poll results
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Convert your work to ebooks! Read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | Magical Realism | Positive Future | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page | Nonfiction books page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for Horror Novels
1. Heaven's Healer From Hell, T.S. Woolard, Azoth Khem Publishing, [link][comments]
2. Blood Lily, Jenny Allen, Indie Gypsy, [link][comments]
3. Dead West: Hallows of Decay, J Patrick Allen, 18thWall Productions, [link][comments]
4. I'll Make You Scream, P. Mattern, Vamptasy Publishing, [link]
5. Wolvz: Whispers of War, Toneye Eyenot, Luniakk Publications, [link][comments]
5. Experiment Nine, Eric Ian Steele, Solstice Publishing, [link]
6. The Leviathan of Lost Lake, Roy C. Booth, William Tucker, and Cynthia Booth, J. Ellington Ashton Press, [link][comments]
7. Welcome to Hell, Kristen Houghton, Skylight-NYC, [link][comments]
7. Hellhound, Lou Yardley, Lou Yardley, [link][comments]
8. Doctor Hydenberg, Jeffery Martin Botzenhart, Solstice Publishing, [link]
8. Absinthe Eternal (absinthe trilogy Book 3), Tony-Paul de Vissage, Class Act Books, [link][comments]
9. Yard Full of Bones, Armand Rosamilia & Jay Wilburn, Unnerving
10. Fiction, Ryan Lieske, Burning Willow Press, [link][comments]
10. Bring Her Back, Jeff Strand, CreateSpace, [link]
11. Something Haunted, Sarah Dale, Burning Willow Press, [link]
11. Rise of the Sataners, Josh Matthews, Burning Willow Press, [link]
11. HOME, CARSON BUCKINGHAM, Digital Fiction Publishing
11. Harvester's Trade, Jim Goforth, Jim Goforth, [link]
11. The Book of Mark, James Master, Burning Willow Press, [link]
11. Made in Britain, Various Authors, Hellbound Books, [link][comments]
11. Deadsteam, Various Authors, Bryce Raffle, [link]
11. Rage House, Palvi Sharma, Amazon, [link]
11. Hell's Beginning, John T. M Herres, HellBound Books Publishing LLC, [link]
12. War for the Planet of the Dead, Thomas S. Flowers, Shadow Work Publishing, [link]
12. Stake Out, Lily Luchesi, Vamptasy Publishing, [link]
12. Infernal, Cheryl Low, Grinning Skull Press, [link]
12. Harvest, L. Bachman, Burning Willow Press, [link]
12. Unbreakable Mind, Bryan Tann & Kindra Sowder, Burning Willow Press, [link]
12. Frankenstina , Jerrimiah Stonecastle , Jerrimiah Stonecastle , Frankenstina [link][comments]
12. Rowan's End, L.D. Ricard, Burning Willow Press, [link]
12. The Paranormalist, Kenneth W. Harmon, Burning Willow Press, [link]
12. The Last Encore, D. Alan Lewis, Voodoo Rumors Media, [link][comments]
Looking for something to do?
And please check out our sponsors!—