New entry Jun 21
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
The Sigil TrilogyIf you're looking for an amazing, WOW! science fiction story, check out THE SIGIL TRILOGY. This is — literally — one of the best science fiction novels I've ever read.
How to Write SF
The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells by Ben Bova, best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor. (This is one of the books your ol' Critter Captain learned from himself, and I highly recommend it.) (Also via Amazon)
Network speeding up
I'm switching the connection over to a new, shiny 10X faster network because of all the load. There might be bits of downtime as your boxes learn new addresses and things. Should be brief. Let me know of any prolonged outages you see.
Preditors & Editors Changeover
With the very sad passing of Dave Kuzminski, who ran P&E, I've taken over the P&E duties. Lots of what I hope are improvements; check it out at pred-ed.com.
is Dying has been Replaced
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you need help making ebooks from manuscripts or print copies—or finding great stuff to read—look no further! An ebook publisher started by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
Preditors & Editors Poll results
(New votes may not appear immediately; database updates run at least once an hour. Note that results are not official until after the poll closes, reported errors have been attended to, and anti-ballot-stuffing software has been run.)
See also the Best-Ever Voters Poll for the best works ever written (not just in the last year)
Convert your work to ebooks and read great ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press
Critique.org now has Workshops for Everything — all genres, music, video, photography, art, apps.....
Short Stories pages: Horror | Romance | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Steampunk | All other | Anthologies page | Poems page | Nonfiction articles page |
Other Categories: Artwork page | Book/e-book Cover Artwork page | Magazine/e-zine Cover Artwork page | Authors page | Poets page | Artists page | Book/e-book Editors page | Magazine/e-zine Editors page | Print/Electronic Book Publishers page | Review site | Bookstore | Promotional Firms, Sites, and Resources page | Fiction 'zines page | Poetry 'zines page | Nonfiction 'zines page | Writers' Discussion Forum page | Writers' Workshop page | Writers' Resource/Information/News Source page |
Admin: Current standings | Best EVER Poll | Report an Error | VOTE! ]
Standings for category: Mystery Novels
1. Murder Casts a Spell, Nancy Curteman, Solstice Publishing, [link] [comments]
2. Roses are Red, Diamonds are Blue, Donna Alice Patton, MuseIt Up Publishing, [link] [comments]
3. Sir Laurence Dies, Christopher D Abbott, KDP, [link] [comments]
4. Aberration, Steven P. Marini, Gypsy Shadow Publishing, [link] [comments]
5. Sooner Than Gold, J. R. Lindermuth, Oak Tree Press, [link] [comments]
5. The First Synn: The Bloodstone Confidential, Teel James Glenn, Pro Se Press, [link]
6. In The Spirit, Linda Rettstatt, Champagne Books, [link] [comments]
7. Angel Valence, Max Davine, ASJ Publishing, [link]
8. The Christmas War, L.J. Holmes, MuseItUp Publishing, [link]
9. Amber's Mysterious Death, C.L. Exline, Wild Child Publishing, [link]
10. Corpses Say the Darndest Things, Doug Lamoreux, Stylus-of-Iron, [link] [comments]
10. Just the Pits, JInx Schwartz, KDP, [link]
11. A Small Story for Page 3, John W. Germond, MuseItUp Publishing, Inc., [link]
11. Heart to Hart, Erin O'Quinn, Amber Quill Presss, [link] [comments]
11. Burn in Hell, Marian Lanouette, MuseitUp Publishing, [link] [comments]
12. Death of a Clown, Heather Haven, The Wives of Bath Press, [link]
12. Dying to Dream, Kathryn Long, Mainly Murder Press, [link]
12. lessons for Suspicious Minds, Charlie Cochrane, Samhain, [link]
13. Gray Ghost, C.L.Swinney, Oak Tree Press, [link] [comments]
13. BIG BAD WOLF, LOGAN ZACHARY, BOLD STROKES, [link]
13. A perfect Victim, Patricia Dusenbury, Uncial Press, [link] [comments]
13. A Man of His Word, Kenneth L. Levinson, Uncial Press, [link]
13. Grannies, Guns and Ghosts, Madison Johns, KDP, [link]
14. Whiskey for Breakfast, Liliana Hart, Liliana Hart, [link]
14. The Newspaper Code, Lisa Lickel, MuseItUp Publishing, [link]
14. The Vril Codex, Ben Manning, Double Dragon Publishing, [link]
14. Dust, Patricia Cornwell, Putnam, [link]
14. Pirates, Pirates!, Saoirse O'Mara, Author, [link]
14. No Third Choice, Anthony Kohler, [link]
14. The Killer Wore Leather, Laura Antoniou, Cleis Press, [link]
14. Random Survival, Ray Wenck, Musa Publishing, [link]
14. The Heresy, Stephen Marley, Musa Publishing, [link]
14. Murder, Madness & Love, Yolanda Renee, Curiosity Quills Press, [link]
Congratulations to all entrants!
Looking for something to do?
▶ Read great ebooks or convert your work to ebooks! The votemaster runs ReAnimus Press - Breathing life into great books - Publishing books by bestselling and awardwinning authors - ebook and print production services
And please check out our sponsors!—
Your Votemaster (Dr. Andrew Burt)P&E poll volunteer votemaster, founder of the world's first Internet service provider, a guy who writes stuff you might enjoy,