New entry Dec 07
Critters is 23!
Yes, 23 years ago Critters was born. Wow! Thanks so much to all of you, who've made it such a resounding success!
Books from Critters!
Check out Books by Critters for books by your fellow Critterfolk, as well as my list of recommended books for writers.
New Book from a Critter Member**NOW IN PRINT EDITION TOO!** Awesome new book, HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SPECULATIVE FICTION OPENINGS, from a Critter member whose unearthed a shard of The Secret to becoming a pro writer. Really good piece of work. "...if you're at all concerned about story openings, you'd be nuts not to read what Qualkinbush has to say." —Wil McCarthy, author of BLOOM and THE COLLAPSIUM
Space Travel for SF Writers
Hot off the presses from ReAnimus Press! Space Travel - A Science Fiction Writer's Guide— An indispensible tool for all SF writers that explains the science you need to help you make your fiction plausible. (Also via Amazon)
I was interviewed live on public radio for Critters' birthday, for those who want to listen.
Free Web Sites
Free web sites for authors (and others) are available at www.nyx.net.
ReAnimus Acquires Advent!
ReAnimus Press is pleased to announce the acquisition of the legendary Advent Publishers! Advent is now a subsidiary of ReAnimus Press, and we will continue to publish Advent's titles under the Advent name. Advent was founded in 1956 by Earl Kemp and others, and has published the likes of James Blish, Hal Clement, Robert Heinlein, Damon Knight, E.E. "Doc" Smith, and many others. Advent's high quality titles have won and been finalists for several Hugo Awards, such as The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy and Heinlein's Children. Watch this space for ebook and print editions of all of Advent's current titles!
THE SIGIL TRILOGY: The universe is dying from within... "Great stuff... Really enjoyed it." — SFWA Grandmaster Michael Moorcock
Announcing ReAnimus Press
If you're looking for great stuff to read from bestselling and award-winning authors—look no further! ReAnimus Press was founded by your very own Critter Captain. (And with a 12% Affiliate program.) [More]
How to Load eBooks onto your Android Device
If you've just bought an ebook from the Critters store, thanks! Now you'll want to load it onto your Android device.
It's easy! Here's how:
- Download to your computer the .EPUB format of the ebook you purchased.
- Connect your Android device to your computer using the USB cord that came with it. It will connect to your computer like any USB / flash drive.
- Where you put the .EPUB file will depend which book reader app you're using. I like the Moon+ Reader for Android but there are lots of good reader apps. Your Android might have come with one, but again, each app may use a different folder. So, figure out what folder name that is. Let's suppose it's called "ebooks". (Other likely choices are "Books" or folder with the name of the app.)
- Drag and drop the .EPUB file into that folder on your Android device.
Disconnect the Android Device like you would any USB drive and voila! your new book is in your library. Enjoy!
(If you're looking for something else to do, a quick plug for the Critter Captain's other projects that might interest you:
ReAnimus.com — The Critter
Captain's project to help authors.
ReAnimus Press publishes great books from
bestselling and award-winning authors like Ben Bova, Robert
Silverberg, and many others. All genres, with lots of SF and
books on writing.
(We can also help you with making and selling ebooks and print
editions of your work. We can do the whole thing, or just
Check out the Critters Store for all
kinds of cool stuff for writers and readers.
- I've written some ebooks you might enjoy, such as:
Black Holes response time tracker
- Hate nuisance fees?
Say No to the Feeconomy. (Warning, humorous fees may apply.)
- Before you get a loan or refinance, make sure you're making
the most cost-effective decision for your unique situation.
as the "ultimate"
loan scenario comparison tool. (Not selling anything, just
a free tool.)
- Curing Bad Customer Service -- Just a Dollar a Minute
- I'm conducting an ebook pricing experiment you might find interesting.
error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE); ?>